Rob - Chelmsford
Hi, my name is Rob Laird and I have been teaching people to drive since I started RPL Driving back in 2006. I cover areas around Chelmsford including Billericay, Boreham, Magaretting and Writtle. On a recent check by the DSA, I received a grade 6, which is the highest an Instructor can get. If you would like more information on what the grades mean, take a look here.
I have also passed my IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) advanced driving test, and now I volunteer my time as an observer for the local group. In this role I train people getting ready for their advanced driving test. I am also qualified to deliver the BTEC in Driving Science from driveiQ. I have attended several coaching and NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) courses to improve my teaching abilities, and therefore the quality of the lessons I provide.
Away from the driving side of things, I have also spent time teaching map reading and survival skills to Scouts, Guides and people taking their Duke Of Edinburgh Award. I am also keen climber and hill walker, so whenever I’m not in the car, I’m often found in the mountains around the UK
Below is a brief look at the car I use for driving lessons.
- Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4-D (Diesel) with a manual 6-speed gearbox.
- Air Conditioning to ensure your driving lesson is as comfortable as possible, especially in the summer.
- Heated rear windscreen.
- 5 star Euro NCAP rating (highest score possible) for passenger safety with both driver and passenger airbags.
- Power Assisted Steering (PAS) which makes it easy for you to do those tighter turns and reversing exercises.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) for extra safety under heavy braking.
- Fully adjustable seat and steering wheel, so you get the most comfortable driving position.
- Due to its size, they have proven to be very manoeuvrable and provide good all-round visibility.
- Dual controls so your Driving Instructor can keep you safe while learning to drive.
- The driving school car is 100% smoke free.